PDF Formatting

Volume I - Foundations

PDF Formatting

Postby TwoWolves » Tue May 01, 2012 12:36 pm

I quite recently bought a copy of this book from here in pdf format. While I love the book I do find it irritating that it has been formatted with differing left-hand/right-hand margins on the odd/even pages.

While I realise this is a common style in printed books and pdf documents it means that when you attempt to read the document on tablet readers [such as the iPad] in a horizontal lock mode you cannot maximise the text as much as you could.

Can I have constant margins throughout so I can maximise my view? Us C++ developers are getting older and need bigger text!

Thanks
TwoWolves

Postby Cuchulainn » Wed May 09, 2012 12:22 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

I will send this on to the publisher.

regards

Daniel
Cuchulainn

Postby Huntea » Mon May 14, 2012 11:57 am

Thank you so much for the PDF format of Boost C++ Libraries. This is very helpful for me. Either I am a new user on this forum but I hope I will enjoy this forum with you guys.
Huntea

Re: PDF Formatting

Postby admin » Mon May 21, 2012 4:25 pm

TwoWolves wrote:I quite recently bought a copy of this book from here in pdf format. While I love the book I do find it irritating that it has been formatted with differing left-hand/right-hand margins on the odd/even pages.

Hi,

You have a very good point. I've removed the "gutter" of the PDF versions so that the left-right margins are equal throughout the book.

Customers that want a version with equal left-right margins, please send an e-mail to info@datasim.nl specifying the e-mail address that you used to buy the book and I will send a new PDF as soon as possible.

Thanks and regards,

Robert
admin
Site Admin

Postby albertstien3329 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:03 pm

Are you interested in study ccna Get our self paced testking a+ notes and cisco ccna practice test - pass4sure study packages to pass your Keiser University without any difficulty in Northwood University.
Last edited by albertstien3329 on Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
albertstien3329

Postby Cuchulainn » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:26 pm

What progammimg experience do you have?
Cuchulainn

Return to Introduction to the Boost C++ Libraries - Volume I (Demming/Duffy)